STUDENTS SEEKING HOST FAMILIESMeet xxx from NORWAY! -- age 16; xxxis a trustworthy person who is funny and kind. She has good relationships with her parents who she seeks advice from when necessary. She lives part time with her mother, part time her father, and has two younger siblings. Ida sews, plays violin, and does gymnastics. Her grandmother taught her to sew and she likes making her own clothes in order to get them exactly the way she wants them. In the future she would like to study architecture and media/film to have a few career options. xxx is excited to experience life in America, make new friends, and meet her host family!
- The students are here for a total of 10 months (mid-Aug - end of June).
- They bring their own spending money for personal purchases, etc.
- AFS provides health insurance coverage for medical needs (doctor visits etc.) while they are here.
- Students can share a room with a sibling of the same sex, but need to have their own bed.
- Families can host for an academic year, a semester, or 8-12 weeks.
- It is not necessary to have high school age children of your own to host.
- Families with small
children, empty-nesters, and couples
without children can also be great host
STUDENTS SEEKING HOST FAMILIES
Meet xxx from NORWAY! -- age 17; xxx is friendly, active, and kind. In his free time he goes to the gym or sees his friends who he really likes spending time with. He also really likes going boating and going for walks on the beach. One of three children in his family, xxx gets along well with his brothers and parents and they often travel together. He holds a part-time job and likes to set goals for himself. He sees the USA as the land of opportunities and hopes to experience life there firsthand. xxx is cheerful and excited to meet his American family, make friends, and have many great adventures.
Want to learn more? Go to www.afsusa.org/host
or call 1.800.AFS.INFO. Or contact Kristi Svec
at firstname.lastname@example.org or (872) 240-0390.
-- Kristi Svec
Team Development Specialist
Greater Chicago Area Team